As a Christian school, we operate by the following foundational belief.
STATEMENT OF FAITH / BELIEF
1. We believe that the Bible is the inerrant Word of God, written from the original manuscripts, preserved by God supernaturally, and is the sovereign authority for the believer’s faith, provides, instruction in righteousness, counsel and guidance. II Timothy 3:16-17. II Peter 1:20-21
2. We believe in the one true God, eternally existing in three distinct persons (Father, Son, and Holy Spirit) each of Whom is equally and fully God, possessing all of the attributes and divine nature. Matthew 3:16-17; 28:19, II Corinthians 13:14, John 1:14, John 10:30
God the Father
3. We believe that God the Father is the first person of the Trinity, infinite, eternal, omnipresent, immutable, omnipotent, just, perfectly holy, sovereign, omniscient Creator, Sustainer, and Ruler of the universe. He is the Father of all true believers and the Father of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. Genesis 1:1, John 1:12-13; 17:1-5; 5:19-21, Ephesians 4:6, Isaiah 48:8-11
God the Son
4. We believe that Jesus Christ, the Son of God, lived a sinless life, and is the second person of the Trinity. He became man to reveal God to man and to become the Lord and Savior of the lost world. In becoming man Jesus did not cease to be God, so that He is fully God and was fully man, inseparably united in one person. Jesus was miraculously conceived by the Holy Spirit; born of the Virgin Mary; lived a sinless life, was crucified on the cross, was the all-sufficient Sacrifice for the sins of all men of all time; was buried; rose from the dead; physically ascended into heaven in His glorified, resurrected body; is at the right hand of the Father in His ministry of intercession; will return for His bride, the church; and will come to earth in bodily form, to consummate God’s eternal plan by executing judgment and usher in His eternal Kingdom to be followed by eternal state. John 1:1-3, 1:29, 3:16, Luke 1:30-35, Colossians 2:3,9, Acts 2:22-24, Hebrews 10:5-14, Revelation 19:11-21, I Corinthians 15:1-8.
The Holy Spirit
5. We believe that the Holy Spirit, who is the third person of the Trinity, is the Convictor and the Convincer of Sin, the Chief Agent of regeneration and sanctification and that He indwells and empowers believers. John 14:16-19, 16:7-15. The Holy Spirit is empowerment in believers to be witnesses of the risen Savior. He is also the power in believers for the purpose edifying the Church. I Corinthians 6:18, Ephesians 4:13-14, 1 Corinthians 14:22, Romans 8:26-27
6. We believe that man was created in the image of God by direct act of God. Man is not in any sense the result of evolution, but man was created to love and worship God. We believe that God wonderfully and immutably created each person as either a male or female, and that these two distinct, complementary genders together reflect the image and nature of God. Genesis 1:27, Psalm 139:13-16.
7. We believe that God has commanded that no intimate sexual activity be engaged in outside of a marriage between one naturally-born man and one naturally-born woman. We believe that any form of homosexuality, lesbianism, bisexuality, bestiality, incest, fornication, adultery, and pornography are sinful perversions of God’s gift of sex. We believe that God disapproves of and forbids any attempt to alter one’s gender by surgery or appearance. Genesis 2:24; 19:5, 13; 26:8-9; Leviticus 18:1-30; Romans 1:26-29; I Corinthians 5:1; 6:9; I Thessalonians 4:1—8; Hebrews 13:4
8. We believe that the only Scriptural marriage is the joining of one naturally-born man and one naturally-born woman for life. Genesis 2:24, Romans 7:2, 1; 1 Corinthians 7:10; Ephesians 5:22-23
9. We believe that Adam, the first man, sinned by disobedience. His act resulted in the Fall of all mankind so that all people have sinned and lost the privilege and ability to live for the glory of God. The sin of disobedience alienated mankind from God. Man was utterly lost and could not save himself. Each person’s sin incurs both physical and spiritual death until there is forgiveness and salvation by the redemption of the blood of Jesus Christ. Romans 3:10-23, 6:23, Genesis 3: 1-24.
10. We believe that the cleansing blood of Jesus was shed on the Cross for redemption of our sins; this is the free gift of God’s grace. We are not saved by merit or any righteousness of our own, only by faith in the finished work on the Cross; we are saved only by the vicarious and atoning death of Christ. Ephesians 2:8-10, II Corinthians 5:21, John 3:1-7, 10:27-29.
11. We believe that the Church is the spiritual Body of Christ. In it are believers who have truly received Jesus Christ by faith. The believers are obedient to the Word of God, growing in grace and spiritually maturing, desiring to become more like Jesus, exercising their spiritual gifts, fulfilling the Great Commission, bearing the Holy Spirit’s fruit to glorify God. The members of the Church, the Body of Christ, are united in Christ by the same spirit in love, harmony, and intent, having one purpose. The higher purpose of the Church is to evangelize the lost and make disciples, and all that is done on earth is to the glory of God. Ephesians 1:10, Hebrews 10:25, Ephesians 4:11-12, 5:14-15, I Peter 4:10-11, Acts 1:8
12. We believe that the privilege and responsibility of every Christian is to proclaim the message of the gospel of the Cross to lost souls, and that a Christian is to live before the World the life of Jesus Christ, fulfilling Christ’s words that “If I be lifted up, I will draw all men unto me.” We also believe that the Christian is to seek for new converts to become servants of Christ. John 12:32, Matthew 28:18-20.
13. We believe that God created marriage to be exclusively the union of one man and one woman, and that intimate sexual activity is to occur exclusively within that union. In addition to this important belief, we also believe that God has given the parents of the home the responsibility of bringing up their children in the nurture and admonition of the Lord. Furthermore, we believe that the complete education will occur when home, church, and school work closely together and are in agreement on the basic concepts of life. Ephesians 6:4, Proverbs 22:6, Deuteronomy 6:7.
Sanctity of Human Life
14. We believe that all human life is sacred and created by God in His image. Human life is of inestimable worth in all its dimensions and stages, including pre-born babies, the mentally and physically challenged, and every other state or condition from conception through natural death. We are therefore called to defend, protect, and value all human life. Psalm 139:13-16.
The Scriptures is our final authority for matters of belief and sets our standards of conduct. This Statement of Faith/Doctrinal Belief is not an exhaustive summary or statement of all our beliefs. The Bible itself as the inspired, inerrant, and infallible Word of God that speaks with final authority concerning truth, morality, and the Godly conduct of mankind, is the sole and final source of all that we believe. For the purposes of Calvary’s Chapel on the Hill, Inc.’s and TCA’s “Mission Statement,” “Statement of Faith,” doctrine, practice, policies, and discipline, our ministry has the final interpretative authority on the Bible’s meaning and life application.
Copyright © 2023 Torchbearers' Christian Academy - All Rights Reserved.
Powered by GoDaddy Website Builder